Adding another challenge is probably not wise, but this challenge is so whimsical in spirit, I can’t resist. Besides, most of these books were already on my sizeable to-be-read pile, so this is just a creative way of choosing which ones from that list will be read in the near future.
Name: The Colorful Reading Challenge
Host: Lost in Books
Deadline: December 31, 2010
Level: All participants read 9 books, with different colors in their titles.
Edit: Certain colors were required but now it’s opened up to reader’s choice for all colors.
1. Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs [review]
2. Blood Meridian: Or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy – I’ve been meaning to read another book of his since I liked The Road.
3. The Veil of Gold by Kim Wilkins [review]
4. The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean [review]
5. The Grail-Bird: Hot on the Trail of the Ivory-Billed Woodpecker by Tim Gallagher [review]
6. The Book of the Dun Cow by Walter Wangerin, Jr. (also reading for the Flashback Challenge). Dun is a brownish-grey according to wikipedia.
7. Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie